Disney Family of Wines Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort
Savor life and all its magic at the Disney Family of Wines Weekend, May 17 – 19, 2019. Gather with friends to enjoy an intimate and adventurous getaway. Crafted for those whose passion for wine is as genuine as their love for Disney.
Explore flavors and interact with a collection of curated wines produced by winemakers and wineries that have a special connection to Disney.
Embark on a culinary adventure and indulge in the finer things in life.
This weekend includes a 3-day/2-night food & wine vacation experience at Walt Disney World Resort:
- 2-night stay at Disney’s Contemporary Resort Main Tower – Lake View for the nights of May 17 and May 18, 2019
- 30+ wines will be presented throughout the weekend in workshops and culinary experiences. Varietals of wine include, but are not limited to: Riesling, Grenache Blanc, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Viognier, Rosé, Pinot Gris, Chenin Blanc, Cuvée, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese, Sparkling Wine, and Zinfandel.
- 4 interactive workshops hosted by winery representatives and culinary experts.
- Interact and learn from representatives from each winery.
- Chappellet Vineyard – Jay James, Master Sommelier and Director of Sales
- Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard – Tim Snider, President of Fess Parker Winery and Vineyard
- Frank Family Vineyards – Elizabeth Parenteau, Southeast Sales Manager
- Kurt Russell’s GoGi Wines – Jami Russell Way, COO of GoGi wines
- MacMurray Estate Vineyards – Kate MacMurray, Spokesperson and daughter of winery founder Fred MacMurray
- Silverado Vineyards – Jon Emmerich, Winemaker of Silverado Vineyards
- Skywalker Vineyards – Tom Johnson, General Manager- Skywalker Ranch and Vineyards
- Intimate Welcome and Farewell receptions, two luncheon experiences, and gala dinner.
- Welcome Reception – Hosted by representatives from each of our Disney Family of Wines, this reception will feature high-end food tastings and considered wine pairings. It’s a chance for guests to share time with other enthusiasts and kick-off the weekend’s activities.
- Culinary Adventure – A hands-on, interactive cooking experience that takes place in the unique Contemporary Catering Kitchen. Participants hand roll sushi, create pasta; “break down” a beef tenderloin; hand craft fromage blanc and learn the secrets of the professional pastry chef. This 5 course event is paired with the Disney Family of Wines.
- Seed to Table Luncheon – Enjoy a luncheon experience with a focus on the journey of seed to table. Enjoy recipes with connections to the regions from which these wineries hail and ingredients grown here at Walt Disney World exclusively for this weekend experience.
- Gala Dinner & Fireworks – This special evening will include a one-of-a-kind six course menu designed for this gathering. Once again hosted by our culinary and wine “celebrities” our guests will enjoy these featured wines artfully paired with each course with details about the production of these wines from vine to table. The event includes a pre-reception and concludes with a dessert reception and private fireworks viewing.
- Farewell Reception – A final opportunity to celebrate the experiences of the weekend, speak to chefs, sommeliers, & winery principals, and enjoy a few final tastings.
Contact me by Thursday, May 2 to book this exclusive experience!
from Disney Travel Agents